CITY HALL LOBBY/PERMIT CENTER REMODEL
CONSTRUCTION TO START JULY 9TH THROUGH SEPT 30TH.
What you can expect during construction:
The Permit Center and Cashier will temporarily be relocated to the Third floor of City Hall.
<>Applicants will have a comfortable waiting area in the third floor lobby A numbering system will be in place for your turn to speak with staff.
<>Applicants will be guided by ample signage.
<>Staff will be onsite in the third floor lobby to assist applicants while awaiting their turn.
<>Permit Center Hours will be limited to 2:00pm– 4:00pm
<>Encroachment permits will be handled in the Public Works Department, suite 385 during permit hours.
<>Building Permits– Applications will be taken in during regular permit hours on the third floor of City Hall at the Community Development window.
APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED FOR REVIEWING PROPERTY FILESCall 650-595-7422 or send request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for copies will be provided with a 48 hour turnaround time. Charges for copies will be $0.30 per page.
PERMIT CENTER HOURS:
- Building Inspector Counter Hours—M-F 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- EXPRESS Permits (Roof, Water Heater, & Furnace Change-out)—M-F 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Building Permit Issuance (Approved projects, bathroom & kitchen remodels ONLY)- M-F 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Building Plan Review for Over the Counter Permits- M-F 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Planning & Public Works Counter Hours —M-F 2:00 to 4:00 PM
- Fire Inspector Counter Hours—Wednesdays 2:00 to 4:00 PM
Pickup of approved plans are by appointment only by calling 650-595-7422
**Financial transactions must be completed by 4:00 PM
Applicable Code Standards (Effective 1/1/2017)
2016 Triennial Edition of CCR, Title 24
The 2016 triennial edition of the California Code of Regulations, Title 24 (California Building Standards Code) applies to all occupancies that applied for a building permit on or after January 1, 2017, and remains in effect until the effective date of the 2019 triennial edition. The building codes can be viewed online at http://www.bsc.ca.gov/pubs/codeson.aspx.
There are 12 parts to Title 24 and the applicable parts for most Building Division permit applications are listed below:
Part 2: The 2016 California Building Code (CBC) is based on the 2015 IBC, but includes numerous State of California amendments.
- Part 2.5: The 2016 California Residential Code (CRC) is based on the 2015IRC, but includes numerous State of California amendments and does not include the electrical, energy, mechanical, or, plumbing portions of the IRC, and instead parts 3 through 6 of Title 24 as listed below apply.
- Part 3: The 2016 California Electrical Code (CEC) is based on the 2014 NEC with State of California amendments.
- Part 4: The 2016 California Mechanical Code (CMC) is based on the 2015 UMC with State of California amendments.
- Part 5: The 2016 California Plumbing Code (CPC) is based on the 2015 UPC with State of California amendments.
- Part 6: The 2016 California Energy Code is currently based on the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, and please visit the California Energy Commission website at http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/2016standards/index.html where additional information can be found and Compliance manuals can be downloaded for free.
- Part 9: The 2016 California Fire Code (CFC) is based on the 2015 IFC with State of California amendments.
- Part 11: The 2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen Code) This Part is known as the California Green Building Standards Code, and it is intended that it shall also be known as the CALGreen Code.
- California Building Codes
- Division of the State Architect—Access Compliance
- California Energy Commission
- Office of the State Fire Marshall
- City of Belmont Municipal Code
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- Bay Area Pollution Prevention Group
- Contractors State License Board