Under the authority of the Health Officer of the County of San Mateo in conjunction with the County of San Mateo Health Order regarding the COVID-19 Virus, the Belmont Permit Center remains closed to the public at this time. As such:
All construction projects must comply with the Construction Project Safety Protocols issued as part of the Health Order. (Small Construction / Large Construction). It is the responsibility of the contractor or owner-builder to have these protocols in place as the Order dictates. All construction is limited to the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturdays 10:AM-5:00PM. No work on Sundays and Holidays. This includes set up and securing of the site.
The Building Division is conducting inspections “virtually” by use of Facetime for iPhone and Whats App for Android phones. Field inspections may be conducted only if there is no virtual method access. Inspector's use iPhone/iPads to conduct the inspections, and default to FACETIME. If you are using an Android, Please note that when scheduling your inspection.
Inspection scheduling can be done through eTRAKiT. Registration is required for first time users.
If you experience any issues with the eTRAKiT or the Inspection Request phone line, please email your request to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of requests, this is the only process in which we will accept to reserve an inspection. We will only respond to your email if we cannot accommodate your request. Please do not leave any voicemails.
FOR EMAIL REQUEST, Please send email as shown below.
Email must include project address in body of email, date preference for inspection (current month only), the cell number that will be at the jobsite to video conference on the day of the inspection, including if the phone is an iPhone or an Android and the type of inspection(s) required to confirm request. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Please download WhatsApp for Android users.
Inspection Results will be updated on the tracking software and available for download through eTRAKiT. Registration is required for first time users.
- There will be no over the counter plan checks or over the counter permits available in person during this time.
- For approved permit issuance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the Construction Project Safety Protocols Acknowledgment form and request arrangements for pick up. Please include the Permit Number and Project Address in subject line of email.
- Permits (Express) for roofing, electrical services, water heaters, and furnace replacement only can be applied for online through eTRAKiT. Registration is required for first time users. For more information on using eTRAKiT, please link here: eTRAKiT Web Portal. If needed, you may still submit an application via email to email@example.com or fax at (650) 595-7479. Subject Line should read EXPRESS PERMIT for (PUT PROJECT ADDRESS)
- Permits (Over the Counter) for other electrical, mechanical, plumbing not classified as EXPRESS above, plus building permits that do not require drawings (windows, repairs, etc.) can be submitted by application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (650) 595-7479. Subject Line should read OVER THE COUNTER PERMIT for (PUT PROJECT ADDRESS)
- PLAN SUBMITTALS:
Email submissions for plan checks, resubmittals, revisions and deferred submittals can be sent to email@example.com Please include Project Address (and Permit Number if applicable) in subject line of the email and brief description (i.e. B2020-0000 1 Twin Pines Resubmittal Review 2). We will reply with direction and next steps. Please allow 3-5 days for response.
- Permit applications and revision statements are available on the City of Belmont website at: www.belmont.gov/departments/community-development/app-packets-and-forms
- Please provide all contact information in a clear and concise manner. Please always include the permit number and the project address in all correspondence with the Building Division.
- For all other Permit Center or Building Department questions please call 650-595-7422 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Fire Department questions, please visit San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department's website https://www.smcfire.org To schedule an inspection, please call 650-522-7940
- For Planning and Zoning questions please call 650-595-7417 or email at email@example.com
- For Public Works Department questions please call 650-595-7425 or email at Pworks@belmont.gov
- For Parks and Recreation Department questions please call 650-595-7441 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Business License questions/submittals please call (650) 453-0400 or email at Belmont@hdlgov.com
We appreciate your flexibility and patience during this time.
The Permit Center provides permits for property construction, tree removal, facilities or construction in the public right-of-way including roadway banners, and planning entitlements.
Click on the department button below for the type of permit you would like to obtain.
Building Permits Include:
Roof, water heater, furnace, remodels, decks, fences, solar, sewer line on property, pool, demo, new building, tenant improvements and any other work done on the property. Visit the Building Permits Page
Engineering Right-of-Way Permits Include:
Anything pertaining to the Public Right-of-Way
Driveway approach, sewer lateral, parking pad, curb drain, street trenching, sidewalk work, retaining wall, stairway, fence, roadway banner, grading, oversize load, Utility work, and Block/street closure. Visit the Engineering Right-of-Way Permits Page.
Tree Permits (Project-based and non-project):
Parks and Recreation Department reviews tree removal applications when:
- A tree is an imminent danger to persons and/or real property;
- A tree removal is not associated with any planning permit entitlements. Visit the Parks and Recreation Tree Page.
Community Development Department reviews the following tree removal applications:
- Other development entitlements (i.e., Building Permits, Design Reviews, Variances, etc.) Visit the Community Development Tree Regulations/Permit Page
Planning Entitlements include:
Planning and Zoning packets, Conditional Use Permits, Certificate of Compliance, Floor Area Transfer, Lot Line Adjustment, Land Use, Variance, SFDR, Signage, antennas, and tentative parcel maps. Visit Planning and Zoning Packets Page