Under the authority of the Health Officer of the County of San Mateo in conjunction with the County of San Mateo Shelter In Place Order regarding the COVID-19 Virus, the Belmont Permit Center will be closed to the public during the shelter in place. As such:
- There will be no over the counter permits available during this time.
- Permits for roofing, electrical services, water heaters, and furnaces can be submitted via email to email@example.com or fax at (650) 595-7479.
- Inspections available for essential services only. Email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inspections not provided does not waive the required inspections for the project to proceed.
- Email submissions of permit applications, plan checks and resubmittals can be sent to email@example.com. Please use project address in subject of email. We will reply with direction and next steps.
- Permit applications are available on the City of Belmont website at: www.belmont.gov/departments/community-development/app-packets-and-forms
- Please provide all contact information in a clear and concise manner.
- For all other Permit Center or Building Department questions please call 650-595-7422 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Planning and Zoning questions please call 650-595-7417 or email at email@example.com
- For Public Works Department questions please call 650-595-7425 or email at Pworks@belmont.gov
- For Parks and Recreation Department questions please call 650-595-7441 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Business License questions/submittals please call (650) 453-0400 or email at Belmont@hdlgov.com
We appreciate your flexibility and patience during this time.
The Permit Center provides permits for property construction, tree removal, facilities or construction in the public right-of-way including roadway banners, and planning entitlements.
Click on the department button below for the type of permit you would like to obtain.
Building Permits Include:
Roof, water heater, furnace, remodels, decks, fences, solar, sewer line on property, pool, demo, new building, tenant improvements and any other work done on the property. Visit the Building Permits Page
Engineering Right-of-Way Permits Include:
Anything pertaining to the Public Right-of-Way
Driveway approach, sewer lateral, parking pad, curb drain, street trenching, sidewalk work, retaining wall, stairway, fence, roadway banner, grading, oversize load, Utility work, and Block/street closure. Visit the Engineering Right-of-Way Permits Page.
Tree Permits (Project-based and non-project):
Parks and Recreation Department reviews tree removal applications when:
- A tree is an imminent danger to persons and/or real property;
- A tree removal is not associated with any planning permit entitlements. Visit the Parks and Recreation Tree Page.
Community Development Department reviews the following tree removal applications:
- Other development entitlements (i.e., Building Permits, Design Reviews, Variances, etc.) Visit the Community Development Tree Regulations/Permit Page
Planning Entitlements include:
Planning and Zoning packets, Conditional Use Permits, Certificate of Compliance, Floor Area Transfer, Lot Line Adjustment, Land Use, Variance, SFDR, Signage, antennas, and tentative parcel maps. Visit Planning and Zoning Packets Page