The City of Belmont contracts with an arborist to assist in issuing tree removal permits in accordance with the Belmont Tree Ordinance. To apply for a tree removal permit not associated with a Development Permit, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (650) 595-7441. To ascertain whether your tree requires a permit or for more information regarding the permitting process, please see the Tree Ordinance Pamphlet link below.
Our City Arborist has over 25 years of experience in the care and management of trees. He serves the Belmont Community to approve or deny tree removal permits- not to make tree assessments; for tree assessments, residents must contact their own consulting arborist (see resources below).
- Belmont Tree Ordinance: Full Text
- Belmont Tree Ordinance: Pamphlet
- Consulting arborists: Canopy.org
- Consulting arborists: Asca-consultants.org
- Preferred Tree Species
- Tree identification: Arbor Day Foundation
- Tree identification: Cal Poly