Please call 595-7444 for any updates.
Due to the growing concerns over the COVID-19, San Mateo County Health has determined that all non-essential public functions be cancelled and people should Shelter-In-Place, especially those aged 65+.
The following resources are available for special needs adults or those looking to volunteer. (Availability subject to change).
- Senior Services Resource Line (from Peninsula Family Service): A support and referral line for people aged 60+ that can connect you to a range of resources such as food services, weekly well-being calls with a Senior Peer Counselor, and more. Call 650-780-7542.
- Samaritan House: If you are homebound and low-income and need food or supplies, you can also contact Samaritan House at 650-347-3648.
- Aging & Adult Services: If you know of an older adult or person with disabilities who is in urgent need of food or supplies and there is no friend, neighbor or family member close by that can assist them, call Aging & Adult Services at 1-800-675-8437, available 24/7.
- Well Connected: If you are aged 60+ and looking for activities to do, or would just like to talk to friendly voices, we suggest trying out Well Connected, a "senior center without walls" that provides activities and conversations over the phone or online. Call 1-877-797-7299. For more info click here.
- Friendship Line: Institute on Aging’s 24-hour toll-free Friendship Line is the only accredited crisis line in the country for people aged 60 years and older, and adults living with disabilities. They also make on-going outreach calls to lonely older adults. Call 1-800-971-0016. For more info click here.
- AARP Tax Preparation Services: For questions about current or future available services, call the AARP directly at 1-888-227-7669, or click here. All Tax Preparation Services are postponed until April (subject to change.)
- Special Senior Shopping Hours: The following local supermarkets have provided special hours for people aged 60+
- Lunardi's: Tues + Thurs, 7-8am, (starting 3/24, 5% senior discount still applies)
- Safeways: Tues + Thurs, 6-9am
NEW! Download the "Activity Kit", 10 pages of brain teasers, puzzles, and some humor to break the routine at home (and exercise the brain!)
Adult programs can vary from fitness to lifelong learning.
For a full listing of activities, check out the Activity Guide.
Twin Pines Senior & Community Center
Monday - Friday,
8:30am - 4pm
How the Center works
The Twin Pines Senior & Community Center is operated by the City of Belmont’s Parks & Recreation Department. This hidden jewel in Twin Pines Park offers daily low-cost or free activities for adults 18+ including movies, table tennis, language groups, and exercise programs.
Use of the Center is for programs sponsored by the Parks & Recreation Department, or for the Belmont Senior Club activities that are free and open to the community. Sponsored programs include classes, lunches, lectures, social services, special events and recreational activities. For any new activities, please contact the Center Staff Cheri or Andrea.
- No memberships or residency requirements
- Open to adults 18+
- Code of Conduct
If you would like to use the Center for your private group or to conduct business - these are considered rentals and can only be done after-hours. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (650) 595-7441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org