PLANNING AND ZONING DOCUMENTS
Click on the blue buttons below to view the document in which you would like more information.
Basic Development Standards- (Single-Family Res.)
Belmont Vision Statement
DISTINCTIVE COMMUNITY CHARACTER
- Belmont prides itself on being unique.
- Its small-town ambiance sets it apart as a tranquil, inclusive, safe, and desirable place to live, work and play.
- We get involved in town matters because we care about living here.
- We connect with each other in all kinds of gathering places.
- We value and celebrate a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, safety, equality and dignity for all individuals in Belmont.
- Our strong sense of community and enjoyment of the town’s assets and activities deepen as we become better informed and connected.
- We put a priority on getting out of, into, and through town efficiently.
- Bicyclists, walkers, and other non-drivers get where they’re going easily and safely.
- We require safe residential streets and smooth-flowing thoroughfares.
- We choose to make our home among these beautiful hills, trees, parks, views, and open spaces.
- Our natural surroundings inspire us to play, create, and contemplate.
- Our actions today preserve and enhance Belmont’s beauty to make it even lovelier for future generations.
- Our wooded residential areas are diverse, peaceful and well maintained.
- Belmont is a wonderfully safe, culturally diverse and supportive place to raise a family.
- We facilitate lifelong learning in our academic, artistic, athletic, and social dimensions and we thrive on interconnection with the rest of the world.
- Our schools and library are the pride of the community.
- Our university is intrinsic to Belmont’s social, artistic and economic life.
- Our playgrounds and athletic fields are of high quality and in high gear.
- The arts thrive in this creative, appreciative town – the arts hub of the Peninsula.
- Our history makes Belmont what it is, and we preserve that heritage for our children.
- A charming, vibrant town center is the heart of our civic and economic life.
- Our economy prospers with a mix of attractive, successful businesses that fit with our community character.
- We look first into our town shops and restaurants for what we need.
- Education, arts and the economy flourish in concert.
Belmont Zoning Ordinance
General Plan & Belmont Village Specific Plan
Residential Design Guidelines & Design Criteria
San Juan Hills
Western Hills Area Plan
Western Hills Area Plan (Adopted June 12, 1990)