How do I find information about smoking regulations?
Does the City of Belmont allow Smoking?
Yes, smoking is allowed on all streets and sidewalks, unless being used as outdoor workplaces or at city-sponsored events. Smoking is also permitted inside detached single family homes and their lots (except those used as licensed child or health care facilities), inside individual multi-unit residences and their patio and yard areas which do not share any common floors and/or ceilings with any other units, in owner-designated outdoor smoking areas of multi-unit residences, in any city-designated outdoor smoking areas, inside significant tobacco retailers who prohibit minors from their stores, inside smoking designated hotel/motel rooms and in automobiles.
Where is smoking prohibited?
Smoking is prohibited in the following places:
- Inside all indoor workplaces, except defined tobacco retailers as described above;
- In all outdoor workplaces (including outdoor eating and service areas of cafes and restaurants);
- In outdoor public places, such as parks, sports stadiums and fields, recreation trails, and shopping malls;
- In indoor and outdoor common areas of all multi-unit residences;
- In individual units and their patio/yard areas of multi-unit residences which share common floors and/or ceilings with at least one other unit;
- Twenty feet from outdoor areas where smoking is prohibited, unless passing through;
- And within twenty feet of an entrance or exit used by the public, or operable window of an indoor area where smoking is prohibited.
Does vaping and smoking marijuana come under the same rules as smoking cigarettes?
How do I find information about cannabis regulations?
Does the City of Belmont Allow:
The City of Belmont prohibits the establishment or operation of a cannabis business (both medical and recreational) in the City.
Cannabis Delivery within the City?
The City of Belmont does not prohibit delivery of cannabis or cannabis products to a residence within the City from a business located outside the City.
Personal Cannabis Cultivation?
Personal cannabis cultivation is permitted, both indoor and outdoor, by a person 21 years or older, only if it is in compliance with the parameters established by Health and Safety Code Section 11362.2 and the following local requirements:
1. Odor from cultivation must not to be detectable off the grounds of the private residence or from any place accessible to the public;
2. Cultivation complies with and does not contribute to violation of the State Housing Law, the California Building Standards Codes as locally adopted and amended, the regulations for existing buildings in California Code of Regulations Title 25, and city property maintenance standards applicable to residential property;
3. Cultivation does not displace required parking; And
4. Cultivation is at all times a secondary use to an occupied private residence.
How do I find a city ordinance?
This Code of Ordinances and/or any other documents that appear on this site may not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the Municipality.
Belmont T.R.A.C. To Bring Vulnerable Loved Ones Home Safely
Belmont Police Department Introduces Community Outreach Program for Locating At-Risk Missing Persons
7/15/2020 8:00 AM
City Manager's Update on CA High Speed Rail Project EIR
California High-Speed Rail Authority Launches Online Resources for San Francisco to San Jose Project Section Community Open House
7/13/2020 5:52 PM
City Manager's Weekly Update July 10, 2020
7/10/2020 4:32 PM