2019 at a Glance
The City of Belmont is proud to highlight the 2019 Year in Review, a glance that offers a snapshot of the City’s accomplishments and accolades for the year. Our focus has been to preserve our past while planning for tomorrow.
A printable version of the Year in Review is available here.
During 2019, the City took strides and received recognition for its efforts in, sound financial reporting, public safety, LGBTQ inclusion, technology, housing, city planning, community preparedness, sustainability, and economic development.
The following are just a few of the City’s major accomplishments in 2019:
- Council Adopted Economic Development Implementation Action Plan and approved a dedicated Economic Development and Housing Manager position.
- In 2019 Three affordable housing projects in Belmont were awarded San Mateo County Affordable Housing Fund, totaling $8,050,000.
- Over 100 residential condos and 15000 sf of commercial space were brought on line with the completion of the Ashton and Belmino developments on El Camino Real.
- The Artisan Crossing broke ground in November, adding an additional 250 residential apartments, and 2,000 sq. feet of community use flex space.
- The Firehouse Square Project was entitled/approved in October– adding 81 new housing units, and 3700 sf commercial space, a signature downtown development (Anticipated Construction Start Fall 2020).
- Over $19 million in pavement, drainage, sewer, and transportation projects were under construction in 2019, investing in our quality of life by building and maintaining the foundation of our City.
- Focused on quality recreation and park improvements by:
- Completing the O’Donnell Park Playground improvements, and first ever Twin Pines Park Masterplan.
- Advanced community engagement by completing the conceptual design for a new Belmont Community Center at Barrett; and
- Completed the plans and financing to begin construction of the sports fields improvements at Belmont Sports Complex.
We thank the City Council, Belmont Community, and staff for their support!