How do I find information about smoking regulations?
Does the City of Belmont allow Smoking?
Yes, smoking is allowed on all streets and sidewalks, unless being used as outdoor workplaces or at city-sponsored events. Smoking is also permitted inside detached single family homes and their lots (except those used as licensed child or health care facilities), inside individual multi-unit residences and their patio and yard areas which do not share any common floors and/or ceilings with any other units, in owner-designated outdoor smoking areas of multi-unit residences, in any city-designated outdoor smoking areas, inside significant tobacco retailers who prohibit minors from their stores, inside smoking designated hotel/motel rooms and in automobiles.
Where is smoking prohibited?
Smoking is prohibited in the following places:
- Inside all indoor workplaces, except defined tobacco retailers as described above;
- In all outdoor workplaces (including outdoor eating and service areas of cafes and restaurants);
- In outdoor public places, such as parks, sports stadiums and fields, recreation trails, and shopping malls;
- In indoor and outdoor common areas of all multi-unit residences;
- In individual units and their patio/yard areas of multi-unit residences which share common floors and/or ceilings with at least one other unit;
- Twenty feet from outdoor areas where smoking is prohibited, unless passing through;
- And within twenty feet of an entrance or exit used by the public, or operable window of an indoor area where smoking is prohibited.
Does vaping and smoking marijuana come under the same rules as smoking cigarettes?
How do I find information about cannabis regulations?
Does the City of Belmont Allow:
The City of Belmont prohibits the establishment or operation of a cannabis business (both medical and recreational) in the City.
Cannabis Delivery within the City?
The City of Belmont does not prohibit delivery of cannabis or cannabis products to a residence within the City from a business located outside the City.
Personal Cannabis Cultivation?
Personal cannabis cultivation is permitted, both indoor and outdoor, by a person 21 years or older, only if it is in compliance with the parameters established by Health and Safety Code Section 11362.2 and the following local requirements:
1. Odor from cultivation must not to be detectable off the grounds of the private residence or from any place accessible to the public;
2. Cultivation complies with and does not contribute to violation of the State Housing Law, the California Building Standards Codes as locally adopted and amended, the regulations for existing buildings in California Code of Regulations Title 25, and city property maintenance standards applicable to residential property;
3. Cultivation does not displace required parking; And
4. Cultivation is at all times a secondary use to an occupied private residence.
How do I find a city ordinance?
This Code of Ordinances and/or any other documents that appear on this site may not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the Municipality.
Does Belmont have a Minimum Wage Ordinance?Yes. The Belmont Minimum Wage Ordinance increases the minimum wage annually on January 1st.
What happens if I can't make it to a class?
Cancellation / Transfer Policy
All cancellation or transfer requests must be submitted in writing one week before the program begins. Cancellations will result in a $10 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued once a program has begun. Make-up classes are not always available and are at the instructor’s discretion. If an instructor offers a make-up opportunity, it will be scheduled immediately following the session. Medical emergencies are exempt from this policy; however, a medical certification from your doctor is required. No refunds or credits will be given for the $2.50 processing fee as this is charged by a third party for the convenience of using the online registration service. If the class has a material fee, the fee is paid directly to the instructor on the frist day of class, and will not be refuned if you cancel/transfer out of the class. Exceptions to this policy: Camp SOAR, HeartBeat, Community Learning Center.
Camp SOAR Refund Policy
Cancellation and Transfer requests for Camp SOAR must be submitted in writing TWO weeks before the camp session begins. Cancellations will result in a $10 cancellation fee per camper per session. If requested less than TWO weeks, no refunds or transfers will be accepted. If you are trying to transfer into a Camp SOAR week that is full, you will need to find an alternate week that is open or follow our cancellation policy. Medical emergencies are exempt from this policy; however, a medical certification from your doctor is required.
Community Learning Center Cancellation Policy
A written notice stating the reason for withdrawal shall be submitted thirty days prior to termination of enrollment. Parents who withdraw their child with less than thirty days’ notice shall be responsible for thirty days’ payment from the date of notification, whether or not the child attends the center during this time.
Many of our recreation classes are being provided by contract with an independent vendor. The City of Belmont has reviewed the vendor’s qualifications, experience, and suitability for providing these classes. The City relies on vendor’s declaration that all their employees are appropriately screened.
• No refunds or credits will be given for the $2.50 processing fee as this fee is charged by a third party for the convenience of using the online registration service.
• You may only register members of your family/household.
• Age level listed in course description means participants must be that age by the class start date.
• For HeartBeat Dance Academy registration and cancellation policies, please call (650) 367-7501.
• A wait list is established if a program is full. If a space becomes available, staff will notify the participant via telephone and email; payment will not be charged until attendance is confirmed.
• Openings will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
• Classes that don’t meet the minimum enrollment one week before the class starts will be cancelled.
• If a class is cancelled, participants are notified via phone and email and may transfer to another class or receive a full refund less the $2.50 processing fee.
How can I get more information?To learn more Peninsula Clean Energy, visit the program website, at: www.peninsulacleanenergy.com
Frequently Referenced California Laws:
Legal Links:City Code
California Code of Regulations