The goal of the Code Enforcement Unit is to protect the health, safety and welfare of our residents, homes and businesses as well as to maintain the aesthetic quality of the community. Code enforcement is doing its part to preserve the beauty and livability of the community.
Contact Code Enforcement Unit
To report an in progress code enforcement violation contact Belmont Police at 650-595-7400
To report all other code enforcement violations use our online form or contact:
Code Enforcement Officer
- Help in the fight to reduce crime and improve the quality of life for our residents and community
- Protect the health and safety of the residents, businesses and visitors
- Help maintain property values
- Prevent the physical and aesthetic deterioration of our community
- Enhance, maintain and develop business districts to foster economic growth
To access the Belmont City Code click here.
Our Formula for Success?
Education + Problem Solving = Compliance
Administrative citations may be issued in some instances when compliance is not gained through education and collaborative efforts with the community. Click here to find additional information on the administrative citation process, fine structure and frequently asked questions.
- Keep all property free of trash, debris, overgrown, dead or un-managed landscaping
- Keep ground and structures clean and tidy
- Be familiar with Belmont City Codes regarding nuisances and visually offensive items
- Report potential violations and nuisances
- Belmont City Codes You Should Know
- Graffiti Information
- Old County Road Parking Laws
- Recreational Vehicle and Trailer Parking