PARKS & OPEN SPACES
You can also browse though the map below by clicking on the park icon or see a printer-friendly list, click here.
For more information on parks, contact Daniel Ourtiague: DOurtiague@Belmont.gov, or see
Parks, fields and trails are beautiful gathering places for our community members. Belmont offers 14 developed parks on 31 acres and 337 acres of open space for hiking, running and bike riding. Our department proudly maintains 27 acres of City and School District-owned athletic fields where youth and adults exercise and improve their skills.
- For more information on athletic fields, contact George Brunson: GBrunson@Belmont.gov, or see
The City of Belmont contracts with an arborist to assist in issuing tree removal permits in accordance with the Belmont Tree Ordinance. To apply for a tree removal permit not associated with a Development Permit, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (650) 595-7441. To ascertain whether your tree requires a permit or for more information regarding the permitting process, please see the Tree Ordinance Pamphlet.
Our City Arborist has over 25 years of experience in the care and management of trees. He serves the Belmont Community to approve or deny tree removal permits- not to make tree assessments; for tree assessments, residents must contact their own consulting arborist (see resources below).
- Belmont Tree Ordinance: Full Text
- Belmont Tree Ordinance: Pamphlet
- Consulting arborists: Canopy.org
- Consulting arborists: Asca-consultants.org
- Preferred Tree Species
- Severe Oak Moth Infestation in Belmont
- Tree identification: Arbor Day Foundation
- Tree identification: Cal Poly