Check out our current and recent news items below, or explore some of these other resources:
Sign up for e-Notifications | Major Projects List | Crime Mapping Tool | Calendar of Events | Upcoming Meetings
City Manager's Weekly Update June 19, 2020
Face Coverings Mandatory Statewide
The state public health department took action yesterday and issued new guidance that now requires face coverings to be worn statewide (that means all counties) when in public and when you can’t maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from people outside of your household. This statewide guidance now requires everyone to wear face coverings in high-risk situations such as:
- Inside of, or in line to enter any indoor public space
- Getting services at a doctor’s office, hospital, pharmacy, medical clinic, dental office, veterinary clinic or blood bank
- Waiting for, driving or riding public transportation or while in a taxi, private car service or ride-sharing vehicle
- Interacting with any member of the public and walking through hallways, stairways or parking facilities
- Working in any space visited by members of the public, regardless of whether anyone from the public is present at the time
- Working in any space where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution to others
Be Alert for Covid-19 Tracing Scams.
Official contact tracers will never ask for your Social Security number, financial or health insurance information. Questions about immigration status will not be asked. If someone claiming to be a contact tracer asks for your Social Security number or any kind of financial or health insurance information or tries charging you money or fees, it is a scam!
Read the official press release from San Mateo County Public Health.
Information and Updates from Parks and Recreation
- Parks and Open Space
- More Fuel Reduction in Water Dog Lake Open Space
- Belmont's First Mexican Loteria (Virtual) - June 25th
- Great Plates Delivered
- Movies in the park your input needed
- Camp Soar – completes first week
Information and Updates from Public Works
- Street, Sewer, and Traffic
- For traffic advisories see also webpage
US 101 Express Lane Project
Construction Update – Week of June 21st
This Week: Construction activities on U.S. 101 will include: extended weekend ramp closures beginning Saturday, June 27, in/near the cities of Foster City and San Mateo; continued work on the sound walls along Bayshore Boulevard (from Newbridge Avenue to just past Dakota Avenue, from Monte Diablo Avenue to Dore Avenue, and from Dore Avenue to East Poplar Avenue), demolition of the sound wall along South Bayshore Boulevard from 2nd Avenue to Monte Diablo Avenue, all within the City of San Mateo; pile driving; installing storm drainage systems, a new sewer system, and sign foundations; paving; electrical service work; and other related construction activities.
Most of the work will occur on the freeway lanes, shoulders, and ramps, while the sound wall and sewer work will occur on city streets adjacent to U.S. 101. More information provided online