Check out our current and recent news items below, or explore some of these other resources:
Sign up for e-Notifications | Major Projects List | Crime Mapping Tool | Calendar of Events | Upcoming Meetings
Belmont Parks and Recreation Programs and Events/COVID-19 Update
Due to the growing concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19), San Mateo County Health has determined that all non-essential functions should be cancelled. In an abundance of caution, the City of Belmont will be taking the following immediate actions:
- Youth and teen contractor classes: Cancelled through April 5
- YAC & VOICES meetings: Postponed until further notice
- Adult and senior contractor classes: Postponed through March 31
- Twin Pines Senior & Community Center: Closed through March 31. This includes all TPSCC programs, e.g., Bingo, movies, lunch program, Senior Advisory Committee meeting, and all language, exercise and game gatherings
- Belmont Community Learning Center: Open Friday, March 13, then if BRSSD closes, BCLC will be closed March 16-March 27
- The Hideout: will close for same duration as any BRSSD closure
- Footsteps Child Care, Stepping Stone Enrichment Academy: will close for same duration as any BRSSD closure
- HeartBeat Dance Academy: Open until further notice; may offer distance/online learning
- Facility rentals: Existing rentals may be cancelled or rescheduled (subject to availability); no new indoor facility rentals in April; picnic rentals remain available
The status of the above-mentioned programs will be evaluated weekly and additional days or weeks of closure or postponement may occur. In addition, the City may cancel or postpone activities and events currently scheduled for April. For all status updates, please check https://www.belmont.gov/event-updates.
POSTPONEMENT, CANCELLATION, AND CLOSURE DETAILS
If an activity you enrolled in is cancelled, we will notify you via email and issue a refund.
If an activity is postponed, we will issue a prorated refund after the last scheduled class meeting date.
If you choose to withdraw from a class that has not yet begun, you will be refunded (less $2.50 transaction fee).
If you choose to withdraw from a class that has begun, you will receive a prorated refund.
The $10 cancellation fee will be waived for cancellations of classes listed in the Winter/ Spring Activity Guide.
BCLC monthly tuition will be prorated based on number of days BCLC is closed.
Facility rentals refunds will be issued if an existing rental is not rescheduled (less a processing fee)
The Parks and Recreation Department offices will remain open to answer your questions by phone or email.
Twin Pines Senior and Community Center: 650-595-7444
Parks & Recreation Office: 650-595-7441
Thank you for your understanding as we adjust our operations to maximize the safety of our patrons, staff, and the greater community. We look forward to welcoming you back to our programs as soon as possible.