For Long Range Planning Topics, click here.
Otherwise, please explore the list of current Major Development Projects below:
(Click on the name of the project for more details.)
Please explore the list below, click on the name of the project for more details.
Crystal Springs Uplands School (Complete)Categories:
The Crystal Springs Uplands School project was completed in August 2017. Click here for the school's Transportation Demand Management (TDM) details.
On Tuesday April 26th, the City Council conducted a public hearing, and reviewed and approved the proposed Crystal Springs Uplands School (CSUS) Project for property located at 6, 8, and 10 Davis Drive. The proposal will allow the construction of a new private middle school on the 6.46-acre site. The school would serve up to 240 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and employ up to 43 faculty and staff. The project would include an Academic Center, Multi-Purpose Building, Gymnasium, Storage Building, landscaping, and site improvements as part of Phase 1. Phase 2 would include construction of an enclosed swimming pool. Buildings on the site would total approximately 60,000 square feet.
Below are highlights from the project Development Agreement between the City of Belmont and CSUS
- One-time Payment - $1,000,000
- Annual cash payment - $250,000
- City/Public use of Soccer Field & Pool
- Fund/build South Road & Ralston Ave Intersection and Davis Drive/Ralston Avenue Improvements – Approximately $750,000 value
- Compliance with the terms of the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program
- Payment of a public service fee of $50,000 to address tax exempt status (during project construction)
- Payment to Belmont School Force of $50,000 annually for years 1-4 and then a $1,000,000 payment for future endowment
- Use of low-DB - higher frequency whistles
- Construction sales taxes booked in the City
- Commitment to use union signatories for construction work
More Project Information:
- City Council Meeting, 4/26/16 - Agenda
- April 5th Planning Commission Meeting Video
- March 29th Planning Commission Meeting Video
- Demolish and Replace Commercial/Office with Private Middle School
General Plan Amendment,Rezoning, Development Agreement
- Name: DiDonato, Damon (Senior Planner)
| Community Development