PERMITS OVERVIEW | ENCROACHMENT PERMITS |BANNER PERMITS | GRADING PERMITS TRANSPORTATION PERMITS | PERMIT CENTER
EAST POLE- Ralston Avenue (Hiller and Ralson) WEST POLE- Ralston Avenue and 6th Avenue
RALSTON AVENUE BANNER DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
TEMPORARY BANNER PERMIT POLICY
The City will allow Belmont affiliated groups to use the banner poles located on Ralston Avenue between Sixth Avenue and El Camino Real, and Ralston Avenue by Hiller Avenue near Fire Station 14 to notify the public of specific events if the city of Belmont is not using the poles for a City sponsored event.
Use of the Ralston Avenue sponsor banners is limited to commercial messages (not including sales promotions) that provide information on:
- Events suitable for all ages and open to the public on substantially the same terms as members of the sponsoring organization; or
- City-sponsored events; or
- Events and activities of schools located in the City (pre-kindergarten through university, both public and private schools); or
- Events sponsored by organizations located in the City, or serving Belmont residents, that have received tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(6); or
- Messages sponsored by the City.
Groups with banner messages advocating specific issues will not be allowed
Banners will be allowed on one pole for two consecutive weeks maximum with the exception of the City’s Holiday Banners that will be in place between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
See the current fee schedule for Ralston Banner Fees