Who We Are
The Permit Center
The Permit Center is the one-stop location for nearly all City of Belmont permits, (tree permits are issued by the Parks and Recreation Department and alarm permits are issued by the Police Department). Here all of our customers can obtain information and applications for Building Permits, Planning Entitlements, Business Licenses, Temporary Encroachment Permits, and Administrative Permanent Encroachment Agreements. Staff from all of the permit-issuing departments, including the Belmont Fire Department, is represented at the Permit Center to assist you in any way they can. At the Permit Center you will find the following:
- Public information counter
- Application forms, checklists, & handouts
- A single destination for the issuance of permits and the payment of fees
Hours of Operation
Building Permit Issuance—8:00 to 8:45 Am & 2:00 to 4:00 Pm, Monday through FridayBuilding Inspector Counter Hours—8:00 to 8:45 Am & 2:00 to 4:00 Pm, Monday through Friday
Planning & Public Works Personnel Counter Hours —2:00 to 4:00 Pm, Monday through Friday
Fire Inspector Counter Hours—2:00 to 4:00 Pm, Wednesdays only
Roof, Water Heater, & Furnace Change-out Permits—8:00 Am to Noon* & 1:00 to 4:00 Pm**, Monday through Friday
Temporary Encroachment Permits—2:00 to 4:00 Pm, Monday through Friday
* The Permit Center is closed for lunch between Noon & 1 Pm
**Financial transactions must be completed by 4:00 Pm
Applicable Code Standards (Effective 1/1/2014)
2013 Triennial Edition of CCR, Title 24
The 2013 triennial edition of the California Code of Regulations, Title 24 (California Building Standards Code) applies to all occupancies that applied for a building permit on or after January 1, 2013, and remains in effect until the effective date of the 2016 triennial edition. The building codes can be viewed online at http://www.bsc.ca.gov/pubs/codeson.aspx.
There are 12 parts to Title 24 and the applicable parts for most Building Division permit applications are listed below:
Part 2: The 2013 California Building Code (CBC) is based on the 2012 IBC, but includes numerous State of California amendments.
- Part 2.5: The 2013 California Residential Code (CRC) is based on the 2012 IRC, but includes numerous State of California amendments and does not include the electrical, energy, mechanical, or, plumbing portions of the IRC, and instead parts 3 through 6 of Title 24 as listed below apply.
- Part 3: The 2013 California Electrical Code (CEC) is based on the 2011 NEC with State of California amendments.
- Part 4: The 2013 California Mechanical Code (CMC) is based on the 2012 UMC with State of California amendments.
- Part 5: The 2013 California Plumbing Code (CPC) is based on the 2012 UPC with State of California amendments.
- Part 6: The 2013 California Energy Code is currently based on the 2013 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, and please visit the California Energy Commission website at http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/2008standards/index.html where additional information can be found and Compliance manuals can be downloaded for free.
- Part 9: The 2013 California Fire Code (CFC) is based on the 2012 IFC with State of California amendments.
- Part 11: The 2013 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen Code) This Part is known as the California Green Building Standards Code, and it is intended that it shall also be known as the CALGreen Code.
Building Codes Online
<Back to Top>