Green Advisory Committee
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Meeting commenced at 7:16 P.M.
2. No agenda amendments
3. Minutes of 7/23/08 were moved to the October 29, 2008 meeting.
4. Other Business
Carlos de Melo thanked those in attendance and noted for the record since there was no quorum no action could be taken on the Consent item.
Damon DiDonato attended a Green Building Workshop recently and shared information with the group regarding Green Building Guidelines used in San Mateo. Discussion ensued regarding incentives.
A suggestion was made to create one Master Excel Spread Sheet to track recommendations for all five groups. It was agreed that Community Development would act as the clearing house to add and track the recommendations.
5. Concluding Comments & Round Table:
· NDNU has an excellent Environmental Program.
· Maps and information on walk safe route to schools.
· Bike lanes needs repaving / more education to share the roads.
· Movies to educate people on how they can take part
· Earth Day – Speakers Series
· School recycle program – rebates for bottles and cans. Use the funds to reduce food costs at schools.
6. Community Forum – no speakers
7. Meeting adjourned at 8:55 P.M.
Meeting Adjourned to Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 7:00 P.M. for a Regular Meeting of the Green Advisory Committee.
Print this page