For Long Range Planning Topics, click here.
Otherwise, please explore the list of current Major Development Projects below:
(Click on the name of the project for more details.)
Please explore the list below, click on the name of the project for more details.
Merry Moppet Preschool & Belmont Oaks Academy (MM/BOA)Categories:
Merry Moppet Preschool / Belmont Oaks Academy Project
Merry Moppet Preschool & Belmont Oaks Academy (MM/BOA) is proposing site improvements and an increase in enrollment on its 1.5-acre site campus at 2200 Carlmont Drive.
Demolition and Construction
Approximately 4,748 square feet of existing (modular and wood-framed) buildings would be removed from the existing 20,564 square feet of buildings on the project site. The project would construct a 12,150 square foot classroom building for a total of 27,966 square feet of floor area on the site, an increase of 7,382 square feet of building space on the site resulting in a floor area ratio (FAR) of 0.42. A summary of the project construction is shown below.
Project Construction Square Footage Chart:
Existing Campus Buildings
Proposed Building Demolition
Proposed New Construction
Total Project Site Floor Area
Project Site Floor Area Change
The project would be constructed in three phases:
- Phase 1 would include demolition of the buildings and construction of the new classroom and installation of a new synthetic turf area
- Phase 2 would renovate and replace existing play areas and install new play areas/structures
- Phase 3 would renovate existing classrooms and administration offices in three buildings.
School enrollment currently ranges from 360-75 students. Teaching staff totals 47. The proposed project would continue to operate as a private preschool and K-5 Elementary, increasing enrollment and staffing by approximately 50 students and 20 teachers for a total maximum enrollment of 425 students, and a total staffing of 67 teachers and administrators.
The project also proposes an amendment to revise the site’s zoning designation from R-3 to Planned Development (PD), adoption of a Master Plan, and approval of Conditional Use Permit. The project would require Design Review, and approval of the Conceptual Development Plan and Detailed Development Plan.
A Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) has been prepared for the project; the DEIR will be reviewed at a Planning Commission Study Session on September 20, 2016 at 7:00PM (City Hall Council Chambers, One Twin Pines Lane). Public Hearings for the project are anticipated to begin in October or November 2016.
Conceptual Site Plan:
Construction Phase Plan:
New Classroom Building:
Draft Environmental Impact Review (DEIR):
- Merry Moppet DEIR Cover
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Cover Page
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Master TOC
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Introduction
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Exec Summary
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Project Description
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Setting, Impacts, and Mitigation Measures
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Other Resource Topics
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Aesthetics
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet AQ-GHG
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Cultural Resources
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Land Use and Planning
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Noise
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Transportation
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Alternatives
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Cumulative
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet Report Preparation
- Public Review Draft Merry Moppet References
- Merry Moppet & Belmont Oaks Academy Appendices